Let's see if we can't untangle this skein...
Where are you located?
- We have two dye studios: one in Vista, CA, and another in Indianapolis, IN. We do not have a brick & mortar store, and neither of our studios are open to the public, but you can find us at a local yarn store or fiber festival near you!
- Your yarn might come from either or both of our studios, depending on who has your yarn in stock, or who is working on the next batch of dyed-to-order yarns.
Where's my yarn?
- In-stock yarn will leave our studio within 3-5 business days after your order is placed.
- Dyed to order yarn will leave our studio within 3-5 weeks after your order is placed.
- If you ordered both in-stock and dyed to order items, we'll ship everything together. If you need in-stock items shipped sooner, please place separate orders.
- Tracking numbers are sent via email when we print the shipping label. Depending on our order volume, and event schedule sometimes it can take us 1-2 business days to pack up all the orders in our queue. We ship most things via USPS first class or priority mail, and that can take another 1-2 business days to be picked up by the carrier.
- Once a package is scanned by the USPS, we have no control over what happens to it or where it goes from there. Check the tracking information via the link provided in your email, and reach out to your local post office if you have any additional questions about a shipment's progress.
What are your yarn and fiber bases?
What is the gauge or recommended needle/hook size?
- We don't recommend any one gauge or needle/hook size for our yarns, since that can vary widely depending on the project. Consult your pattern for a recommended yarn weight, gauge, and needle/hook size.
What is Targhee?
How do I order dyed-to-order yarn or fiber?
- We are happy to dye any of our colorways on any of our yarn or fiber bases for you, even if you can't find what you're looking for in-stock on our website
- Make a note of the base(s) and colorway(s) that you want
- Go to our Dyed to Order page and select the yarn or fiber base you'd like us to dye
- Add the total number of skeins you need to your cart
- If you want multiple colorways, you'll add the total here -- so if you want 3 skeins of "Multipass" and 2 skeins of "Petrichor" you'll add 5 skeins to your cart.
- At checkout, use the "notes" field to tell us the colorways you want, and how many skeins of each colorway
- using the example above, you'll write "3 Multipass, 2 Petrichor" in the "notes" field
- If ordering multiple bases, be sure to specify which colorway you'd like on which base
Do you offer winding service?
- We are not able to provide winding service at this time.
- Here are some links to tutorials for how to wind your yarn into a ball
- How to wind a skein of yarn by hand – without getting it tangled
- How To Wind A Center Pull Ball of Yarn by Hand (video)
- Knitting Help - Using a Ball Winder and Swift (video)
- Here are some links to our favourite swifts and ball winders: